Below is info from the Toyota Press Release about myself and fellow challengers. Please check out their web sites and support their important work.
- Earth Day New York, a nonprofit organization promoting environmental awareness and solutions through partnerships with schools, community organizations, businesses and government
- EcoKaren, a chiropractor-turned-green-living-consultant and blogger focused on the connection between the environment and health
- Green-4-U, a resource for people who want to know more about green living but do not know where to start
- Green Divas, a radio show and blog offering listeners information on green and sustainable living
- Green Living Guy, author and editor of the “Green Guru” series
- Inhabitat, a blog devoted to the future of design, tracking the innovations pushing architecture and home design towards a smarter and more sustainable future
- The New York Green Advocate, a blog authored by environmental advocate Paul McGinniss focused around the latest news about the world environment, sustainable living, renewable energy and green building
For the next 30 days (from July 12th to Aug 12th), I will be driving a Prius Plug-In-Hybrid as part of the 2013 Toyota Prius Plug-in-MPG Challenge. Toyota has partnered with seven prolific environmental influencers (myself included) from the tri-state area for Wave Two of the 2013 Prius Plug-In-MPG Challenge – a fun competition to help educate local communities on the benefits of electric vehicles. The winner of the challenge will receive a $2,500 donation to the charity of their choice. (Check out #Pluginforcharity on Facebook and Twitter)
The winner of the challenge will receive a $2,500 donation to the charity of their choice.
The charity I am competing for is New York-based Waterkeeper Alliance, a global movement of on-the-water advocates who patrol and protect over 100,000 miles of rivers, streams and coastlines in North and South America, Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa.
Check out Earth Day NY on Facebook.
And a big shout out for Element, Times Square West for providing hotel accommodations while I was in NYC for the Challenge.